Thursday 22 May 2014

Random Things

A selection of random and not particularly connected thoughts to finish off the week...


Way back last year the lovely Fenella from Stitch Playroom in Christchurch asked if she could interview me as part of a series of interviews she was doing for the Aotearoa Quilters website. My interview has been up on the website for a little while now and I thought you might be interested in it - here's the link.

You should also check out the other interview that Fenella has done, with Christchurch quilter Sophie Wood. She is super talented and makes the most amazing art quilts.  We are both enthusiastic young quilters but answered Fenella's questions so differently - I think it's nice to see that there is plenty of diversity among young quilters.


Stitchbird is having a massive sale to celebrate 2 years in their shop! There is 40% off all Heather Ross, 40% off all Melody Miller, all other sale fabrics are discounted by between 25% and 50% - and there is 10% off all fabric that's not on sale as well. If you are in Wellington make sure you pop in to see Lyndy, but if you're not, don't worry - the sale is online as well.


I will be speaking and showing some of my quilts at the Wellington Quilters' Guild meeting on Thursday 12 June. It's a bit scary, but I'm excited to talk about our awesome online quilting community and the inspriation and encouragement I've found here. If you're at the meeting, be sure to say hi!

Speaking of inspiration, I'm thinking of starting a regular inspiration feature on the blog, including a few interviews with quilters I admire.  I'd love to know - what questions would ask other quilters, if you had the chance?

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Erica said...

So fun to read a little more about you, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Fantastic news. Haven't seen you at the Wellington Guild for a while and I miss having another obviously "young" face in the crowd.