Wednesday 16 April 2014

Introducing Sew Frisco

I'm very pleased to introduce Sew Frisco as a new sponsor!  Sew Frisco is run by husband and wife team Laurina and Allan and was founded in 2013 as the agent for Juki home sewing machines in New Zealand.  Laurina is a keen quilter and blogs at Chicky Quilts.


Since I've been spending a lot of time in Auckland lately I recently took the opportunity to visit and try out a Juki TL-98P and a Swiftquilter Machine Quilting Frame, which turns the Juki into a kind of mini long-arm quilting machine.  Laurina demonstrated how to set up the frame for quilting and let me have a good play on the machine/frame set-up.  It was a lot of fun and I've since purchased a Juki TL98-P and Swiftquilter combo.


I know my machine and frame has arrived in Wellington and I'm super excited to set it up and get playing over the Easter/Anzac day break.  I'll be blogging more about the machine and frame once I've had a chance to get to know them better, but in the meantime I wanted to introduce Sew Frisco.


Although they are based in Auckland, Allan and Laurina do demonstrate at craft and quilt shows so you may be able to see them in your local area.  As well as the Juki TL-98P which is a fully mechanical straight-stitch machine, they have a couple of other models with other features which would be great for more general sewing.  So far their customer service has been really outstanding so I would definitely recommend checking them out if you're in the market for a new sewing machine!

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

I'm saving for a Juki HZL-F600 for general sewing at the moment, unfortunately it always takes longer than you plan to actually get the money together!

Anne said...

Eeeee, I'm so excited you get to play with them over the next week! :D I can't wait to see what you make with them. :)

One Wee Bird said...

Hi!
I'd love a little more info on this set up that you have bought.
What is the maximum quilt width that this set up could take...and is it suitable for the technically challenged LOL in your opinion?

Unknown said...

Do you know where these can be purchased now? Your links don't seem to take me anywhere 😔