Wednesday 11 December 2013

WIP Wednesday

This week I'm working on my long-ignored Cherry Christmas scrappy trip along quilt. 

Cherry Christmas Scrappy Tripalong

I have 12 blocks finished out of 36 - the other 24 are prepped and just need to be stitched together.

Cherry Christmas Scrappy Tripalong

I'm still really loving this quilt but also really not sure it will get finished before Christmas.  I definitely have time to finish the top - quilting is another question!

I thought I'd also let you know that I've made a button for my "How to stop being a no-reply blogger" tutorial, at the suggestion of the ever-glittery Molli Sparkles.  I know I had a truckload of no-reply bloggers enter my SewMamaSew Giveaway Day giveaway (still running here if you want to enter), and it's a shame, because mostly they have not left an email address.

How to stop being a no-reply blogger

If you'd like to add the button to your blog, you can grab the code here, or from my sidebar.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Exquisite! Love this use of Cherry Xmas - so much fun!!! I have a hankering to do a scrappy trip as well, but I think it shall have to wait!!!

Kim of Milkybeer Handmade said...

Love those colours for Christmas - I just did some stockings in the same colour scheme!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blocks. I love the colors.

Jessica White said...

Love the colors! Looks like it will be a beautiful quilt.

No reply commentors irk me too.

Here via WIP Wednesday

Sarah @ sarahquilts.com said...

I'm wordpress and I'm trying out the suggestion you made to another wordpress user in the comments...

I don't know if I'm going to like this because obviously I want to identify myself with my website not just my name.

So frustrating! We're quilters not techies. :)

Amy said...

this is going to be gorgeous!

Sandy said...

Your quilt is beautiful!!

Tanyia said...

Oh, it will definitely be done in time for Christmas lol....just maybe not THIS Christmas! :P

Stopping by from Lee's hop
http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/12/wednesday-wip-dec-11th.html

Sew crafty kitty knits said...

If you go in and change the no reply status are past comments okay? I entered a few contests before I saw mollis link. Now I'm worried about those not being viewable. Any idea? Thanks for sharing!

Vera said...

I love Cherry Christmas line but I'm not big fan of trip along quilt so I'm having some dilemma here, lol.

Greta said...

I love the scrappy trip quilt. It is super cute. And what a great tutorial. I know I was a no reply for a while until someone pointed it out. It's a good tip for people new to blogging.

Kirsten said...

These are one of my favourite Christmas lines too and they look beautiful in the scrappy trip along blocks!

Quilting in the Deep South said...

I love the Christmas quilt. I am new to quilting and find your blog very inspirational. I am also new to blogging and yes I have to admit, until a few minutes ago I was a no reply blogger. So thank you very much for this tutorial.

Nicole said...

Adrianne, I love, love, love this quilt! I don't know if it's the colors or how you've placed the fabrics or what, but I'm loving it! Seeing it makes me want to make one!
And yes, there are lots of no-reply bloggers out there. I posted a link to your site on my SMS giveaway post, but still there are lots of people without email addresses. I wonder if people don't know or are concerned about privacy or something else. The button is a great idea!

hydeeannsews said...

what a yummy scrappy trip! so cozy for Christmas. =)

Jill said...

Knowing your speed of sewing - it will be done by Christmas! Love how the little squares are coming together. The red ones really pop!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Brilliant use of those gorgeous fabrics! Love Cherry Christmas! And what a great button to share - I know I got a truckload of no-reply bloggers too, and it's so sad.

Lindsey said...

Your quilt is looking great! Love your color placement! Thanks for sharing! :)