Monday 14 October 2013

Finish Along Fourth Quarter Goals

1. My Christmas Leftovers quilt.  This one is basted and I actually have the binding prepped as well so should be a pretty sure thing.

Cherry Christmas baby quilt

2. My Blackberry Winter Blossom Quilt.  I will certainly finish this one - I am just hand stitching the binding down so it is very nearly done.

Blackberry Winter Blossom Quilt - quilting in progress

3. My Garden for Birds quilt.  I would like to hand this one over at the baby shower on the 27th of October, so it definitely will be finished before this quarter is out.

Garden for Birds quilt still in progress

4. My Cherry Christmas scrappy trip along quilt. I'd like this one finished by Christmas, obviously.  I only have 4 finished blocks but the other 32 are well on their way so I think it's realistic to expect a finish.

Cherry Christmas Scrappy Trip Along blocks

5. My Top of the Lake quilt. Despite finishing the top months ago, it is still sitting around basted but not quilted.  Possibly because my quilting idea is rather ambitious and I'm a bit scared of actually doing the quilting...

Top of the Lake Quilt

6. A quilt using my bleached fabrics.  To be honest I don't really think I'll finish this one but I'm including it in case I get a surge of inspiration!

Fabric experimentation

7. Cowl made using this knit fabric.  This one is actually nearly done too - after a bit of battle sewing the knit fabric I just need to hand stitch the turning gap.

Knit fabric

8. A second version of the bright modern baby quilt I made earlier this year - as you can see, this is quilted and just needs binding.

Bright Modern Baby Quilt v2.0

9. A rather lovely (and very bright) quilt I've been working on quietly for the last little while - more to reveal on this one.

So pink!

Is it wrong that I kind of wish I had a bigger list?  I do have several other projects planned which will be finished before the year is out, but they're not started yet so I can't include them.  Anyway, if you are participating in the finish along, make sure you link up your list very soon.

Thank you so much to Leanne for running a great finish along this year - it's been a great motivator for me (and lots of other people, by the sounds of things)!

she can quilt

14 comments:

nicole said...

Wow! awesome list Adrianne! So many fantastic projects!
I can't wait to see what you make with the bleached fabrics. I love how they turned out and have waiting to see what you do with them!

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting said...

I love the Garden for Birds quilt! So cute!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Great list! I want to see them ALL - they look so beautiful. You can always link up those you are yet to start to the Making Christmas list over at rainbowharequilts. ;)

Susan said...

WOW! That is some list Adrianne! I love the Garden for Birds quilt too- such a pretty colour palette!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Gorgeous list xxx

heart of charnwood said...

Fabulous list, can't wait to see how it all pans out. Good Luck :o)

Cille said...

Adrienne, your a scaringly effective. Very, very impressive list and good looking too.

Jill said...

I love the last quilt - with the bold colors and big blocks.

Suz J said...

Great lineup of projects - good luck with getting them all finished. The Garden for Birds quilt is so creatively put together - I'm sure you'll have lots of fun finishing it off.

Carla said...

I found your blog after seeing your beautiful quilts on the Q3 finish-along post last week. I'm so glad that i did and look forward to seeing these new UFOs completed too!

Leanne said...

This is a great list, but be careful of wishing to hard for the dreaded startitis.

CapitolaQuilter said...

when you have a bigger list, odds are you'll wish it were smaller LOL. I've got a big list and a ton of projects that don't qualify because they aren't started, ugh. Good luck with the baby shower quilt, it'll be a big hit.

RobotMomSews said...

WOW! What a great list! That baby quilt is AWESOME. Can't wait to see your finishes!

Kelsey said...

Oh wow, those leaves and dresdens in your third quilt are awesome!!! You are so close to finishing some of these. Yay for lots of finish posts coming our way :) good luck